Sunday, January 19, 2014

Bored on a Sunday

We have been laying low due to cold of the youngest.  This is all good.  I keep telling myself as I huddle in the corner and rock back and forth.  It's all good.

Today was spent doing piddly things such as shoveling the driveway and sidewalks, changing sheets on beds, finishing homework (AHHH!), and cleaning.  The AHHH!  represents my parental frustration level which was "HIGH" due to a lack of focus and determination.  I heard myself saying, "Just do it and it will be done! Stop wasting time!"  Apparently rewriting 10 sentences is just too labor intensive for the weekend plans of a ten year old.

Actually looking back it was an historical day.  This is a true story with no exaggerations.  More than two years ago a can of coke exploded in our downstairs refrigerator.  Then a year after that someone gave us a tub of blue Hawaiian Punch which the kids LOVED (of course because it is PURE SUGAR) and they sneaked into it and sloshed it all over the inside of the frig.

I have been successfully ignoring these two disasters for quite some time now.  Today I took it upon myself to scrub that sucker clean.

That is just how bored I am.

1 comment: