Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Noodle v. Sad Noodle

Not sure about the lyrics to this children's song.  It's one of those songs that sticks in your head until all  hours of the night and slowly drives you insane....or even more insane than usual.

Pulled out Grandma Lida's Homemade Noodle recipe today and whipped up some noodles.  The recipe makes me laugh because you are supposed to add flour until it looks right.  Huh?  What?   Somehow they never seem to taste like I remember them.  Maybe it has to do with someone else doing the cooking.

Had a picture, but seem to be experiencing some technical difficulties.  You will just have to imagine them.

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet they were DEEE-licious anyway! Just came home from my Mom's, where we had sloppy joes and watched (you guessed it) "Groundhog Day".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, that's so fun. I guess they were Groundhog Noodles. I kept forgetting it was a special day today. . .but less winter is what I hear!

    I've got to get your recipe, Sallyboo. Making noodles is one of those things, like piecrust, that I've never been able to convince myself to do, but they're soooo yummy.

    ReplyDelete