Friday, February 4, 2011

Missed the Girly Gene

Maybe it's because I grew up in the country, as did my mom.
Maybe it's because my next two closest siblings were boys.
Maybe it's because there just seems to be more fun things to do than primp.

I've never had the girly gene. I wing it most of the time. I like some of the current fashions, but then when I try them on at home, they just look kind of silly on me.



I was tickled when I received my free clinique gift and opened a container of eye shadow to find this.





OHHHHHHHH. I had never understood it before. First one, then two and then three. I mock , however, I did try to follow the sequence of steps only to think I looked silly. I have always had mixed emotions when it comes to eyeshadow and eyeliner. I'm supposed to do what? And it looks good?



Also my eylash curler sits unused in the drawer. I'm not sure who talked me in to purchasing that one.

My clinique samples will last me until the next big event. Until then I will just wing it and go.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, you own an eyelash curler? Wha? So are you saving that for a really special event? Can I try it? Did it come with pictoral instructions and a warning: ONLY FOR USE ON EYELASHES.

    If you missed the girly gene, then there's no hope for me. I used to wash my face with shampoo, per instructions given to me by someone in jr. high school. I have graduated to face wash and Oil of Olay around the eyes. Just a few more things, mostly given to me or fairly ancient, complete my toilette. When I'm feeling really frivilous, I wear earrings AND a necklace, but that doesn't happen very often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eye make-up takes too long. I just use blush every where! :-) Lazy and cheap. No eyelash curler, but I have an almost new curling iron in a drawer somewhere...I think.

    ReplyDelete