Monday, January 31, 2011

Feelin' a bit...dare I say it?

o....l....d......  Well, it's not as if winter isn't tough enough to get through with all its gray glory, but to top it off I get to celebrate a birthday in the midst of it.  Perhaps it was an error in judgment on my mother's part to give birth to her seventh offspring in the mid winter months.  Probably she was just anticipating a good week's worth of sleep since she delivered back in the day where they kept you in the hospital for longer than 48 hours.

Feeling a bit frumpy and wondering when exactly did I become one of the BEFORE pictures of a stay at home mom makeover?  Clothes are boring and don't fit.  No time, energy or surplus money to shop.  Oh, blah blah blah blah.

I vow to pull myself up from my bootstraps and trudge on through February praying that that stupid groundhog does not see his shadow or whichever version thereof that gets spring here faster.

SUNSHINE!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you grumpy birthday girl and dearly loved woman--you would shine like the sun in a burlap sack--so look at yourself in the mirror, say "Better than ever, sista," and later we'll go shopping and have a little retail therapy for the February blahs. Meanwhile, go eat some more cake.

    ReplyDelete