Thursday, January 20, 2011

Disturbance in the Force

I awoke....things just seemed....dare I say it....out of sorts.  I was dropping things all over the place.   Cowlick standing straighter than normal.  Eyes puffy and dark circles circling.  Seven year old uncooperative in morning school routine.   Five year old unable to, well, the list begins....get pants on, get socks on, wipe nose, etc.  Two year old wants milk....milk is offered, then rejected in screaming fit only to be followed by orange juice offering,  water offering, etc.

 I wondered what could have caused these things to occur?  Planets aligned?  Full moon?  Sarah Palin in general vicinity?

A friend brought back some rocks from the west coast and shared them with me.  They were placed in a calm and inspiring arrangement on my kitchen shelf.  I've been searching for my Zen for many a year now and was excited at the prospect of finding it.


Zen garden with miniature orchid


I trudged my way to the kitchen to make my morning tea and then I saw it. 
On the kitchen counter my Zen was in shambles. 

Apparently K. had moved everything off the counter to open the window. 

Don't mess with my Zen man.   Rookie mistake.

Today the force has returned to normal. 
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh  Serenity now.  At least for the next few minutes.

1 comment:

  1. my good golloshes, man, but you cracked me up. biggest laugh of the day, no less. miss you and i want everything and everyone well again so all the sistas can rake up a big ole zen fire.

    ReplyDelete