Monday, October 7, 2013

Christmas in October?

Last Tuesday after story hour at our local library, Will and I decided to picnic in the park.  We packed our lunch and threw down our blanket nibbling on salami sandwiches and salad as the red Pin Oak leaves fell to the ground from above our heads.  It was glorious.  A beautiful 70 degree and sunny day.  The leaves are just turning here and it is a perfect time of year, according to me. 

At noon the church bells started to chime...I looked at Will...."What is that tune?  It's familiar....oh, 'Silent Night Holy Night'....hmmmm"  Seemed a little out of place on such a picture perfect fall day.  I wonder if the church bell programmer deliberately set it on "Christmas Tunes" so that we would start planning now.  Only so many shopping days left!   I do aspire to complete shopping early this year.  It makes the holiday season so much more enjoyable when you don't have to be amongst the grouchy holiday people a/k/a shoppers.

After we came home I found this photo of my mom.  She is standing on the very bridge where we had our picnic.  The back of the photo is marked "Sarah Varner 1946"  therefore I know that someone must have given it to her.  An organizer of photos she was not.   I knew Will and I were sensing good karma in that space.  Maybe she sent us a message via an unorthodox song selection so say "Hello.  I see you.  I'm doing fine." 

Merry Christmas in October Mom.  Love, Us

3 comments:

  1. That Sarah was a beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Sally.
    What a beautiful thing to find that photo of your mom just then.
    Definitely take it as a message of Grace straight to you. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete