Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Reluctant Hostess

I am not the hostess with the mostest.

Unless it is the hostess with the mostest anxiety.

Hello my name is Sally and I am a nervous hostess.  I worry that everyone is having a good time.  I worry that the food is good.  I worry that the kids are behaving properly.  I worry that the house is clean. 

The other day as I was walking with an empty stroller to pick up Will from preschool (only two comments this time..."Where's the baby? and "You forgot your baby.")  I was pondering....where are all the parties?  Why are we not partying more? 

I decided it was due in part to certain friends moving.  The party planners.  The organizers.  The "hey come on over and hang we will make due with bugles and wine" people. 

I think to myself, "I need to take a lesson from them."  Mind you, slow, methodical lessons.  I plan, I mull it over and see what I think.  Usually I do this for so long and the event calling for the party has come and gone.

I tell my husband that I am a "thinker" and "planner"  "follow througher" not so much. 

Rolling around in my brain currently..."Pumpkin Party"  maybe....maybe not.  One week and a half until Halloween.  I'm sure I can think up until the time for trick or treating.

Looking back I didn't plan to use so many quotations this post.  Just "happened".

No comments:

Post a Comment