Saturday, September 28, 2013

Tissues May Be Required

At bedtime last night, I was more than ready to have the little cherubs asleep and resting in their beds whilst I could be elsewhere.  Impressive use of the word whilst I might add.  As I lay reading books with Mr. Willpot, our independent goes by the beat of his own drum 4 year old who doesn't take much crap from anyone, when he asks me...

"Mommy what's that called when you throw a penny and make a wish?"

"A wishing well?"

"Yeah.  Next time I make a wish I'm going to ask for Mimi to be alive again."

Got me right there.  Didn't see it coming.  I cried and said, "Yeah.  That would be great.  I really miss Mimi."  He hugged me and said, "It's alright."

Most times I try to appear composed as I swallow my tears and worry that my boys are going to remember be as a sad mommy, as one who cries at the drop of the hat, as one who seems to be WAY more impatient that she used to be.  I have changed. 

I know.  I'm sorry guys.  I'm grieving.  It's a process.  I'm riding the waves through it.  Sometimes I crash and burn.  Others I right on the white caps and think such happy thoughts of how lucky I was to have had such a good relationship with my mom. 

On Monday nights I have been attending a Griefshare group at church.  Thus far I am not much into the sharing.  I am a hestitant open person.  You must win my trust before I open up.  Therefore my role is to listen and internally reflect hoping to encourage the healing in my heart.

My whole reality has be altered.  I am searching for a new normal for me.  One which doesn't include my Mom.  My thoughts are that stinks and I don't want to do it.

There.  I shared.  Bring on the healing.  Just a bit.  Teeny tiny bit.  I'm not greedy.  
  

3 comments:

  1. Lots of love coming your way. Such a simple thing, to wish for someone who is gone, and so profound. Good ole William, and good old five year olds the world around, saying for us what we are too old to say for ourselves. xoxoxo Kim, posting on Merry's account
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this 27 times and cried 27 times.

    ReplyDelete