Friday, September 13, 2013

A 3 Hour Tour

Today was the first day that I was without kids for a few hours.  What to do? What to do?  I tried to get a little exercise.  Got a little teary-eyed at the gym when a woman was helping her elderly father walk across to therapy.  Hit me right smack in the middle of my chest.  Too many memories of helping my mom over those last months.  Once when I was trying to figure out how to get her out of the car and into a wheelchair to go to a doctor's appointment I was concerned that she would roll away because the hospital chair brakes seemed a bit untrustworthy.  Also Will was crawling in the back of the van refusing to get out.  Therefore I enlisted the help of some 20 something man in a muscle shirt on his way to the gym.  Lovely fella.  Held on to Mimi while I manhandled Will out of the van. 

Next project, I worked on finding good music for our preschool class when they need to get up and MOVE (which is most of the time).  There seems to be an abundance of goofy music out there.  I also like to do a lot of extra school work at home because of the overtime pay.  It really helps with the monthly budget.

Then I moved on to cleaning.  YAWN.  I have discovered that I still find little to no satisfaction in cleaning.  Once as a teenager I noticed the mixer my mom took out of the cupboard had a few splattered dough marks.  I asked, "Why?"  My mom's reply, "There are so many more interesting things to do than clean."  I remember that ALL the time.  Today, however, I did clean the dust from the top of the ceiling fan blades and cleaned the kitchen windows.  There's an hour of my life I won't get back.

Not much else to say, just wanted to keep posting.  Post on!! 


1 comment:

  1. So good to hear your voice on this blog, and even a little bit about your mom in those intense days. Maybe the muscle-man guy was actually an angel. Who knows?

    Hey, too, the fan blades? Wow. Far out. I clean those once every five years. . .if the mood finally strikes. Wowsers. Amazing. And the windows? Do people still clean windows? An hour well spent. :)

    Kim

    ReplyDelete