Wednesday, December 5, 2012

This That and the Other

For starters, there he still is.  Ben.  Big Ben.  Why can't I find time to sit down and minimize him?  Sheer laziness.  AND a lack of free time for sure.

Busy weekend.  Attended the Holiday Open House uptown which was PACKED.  I had a hard time relaxing because the boys were wrestling one another and jumping up and down on 100 year old building windows.  One the way home I muttered, "Next year let's get a babysitter."  This year it was pretty warm so the burning barrels weren't crowded and peopled lingered on the streets.  A lovely celebration.  I am remembering the year when we froze our arses off and ran from store to store so we wouldn't freeze to death?  Remember that West coast friends?

Spent Saturday morning at Legofest in Pittsburgh which totally rocked.  Huge piles of legos of all shapes and sizes for the kids to climb in.  Also life sized creations of Batman, Superman, Harry Potter, Indiana Jones, Lightning McQueen.  Look at my awesome pictures below.

Oh that's right.  I forgot my cell phone in the car.  Moron.  Then took the camera out of the bag and with one push of the button it stated, "YOUR BATTERY IS DEAD DUFUS." If any of K's pictures turn out I will post.

Returned to the 'burg to see the Christmas parade which is always pretty fun.  This year Ben walked with Scouts as friend Noah pulled Will and buddy, Ethan in wagon.  Not sure if it was Legofest or the sight of numerous faces along the street, but Will decided to nap the whole parade.  I stood on the side as an enthusiastic mother shouted "hello.  Over here." to my young until I was so riddled with guilt for abandoning them with Scouts I jumped into the parade.  I am the world's most timid den leader.  By timid, I mean, I'm not real excited to sport the colors in any scenario. 

Ethan had a soccer game.  We went to a local college b-ball game to support our coach friend.  Home and then to bed.

Christmas tree is up, but bare because haven't had time to decorate.

That's the weekend in a nutshell.


1 comment:

  1. I got the Christmas tree down from the attic...that's as far as I've gotten. You're way ahead of me!

    ReplyDelete