Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Ponderings...If the Brain is Up For It.

There have been a few moments lately where I have become acutely aware that I am slowly but surely losing most if not all of my mental capacities.

1. Standing at the gas station pondering, "Why won't this nozzle go into the tank?" Shoving, grunting, shoving for say 5 minutes. Finally reading giant DIESEL sign on the gas dispenser. Oops. Very smart people to have made the nozzles different sizes. Very smart indeed.

2. Making cornbread at supper. Recipe calls for an 8 inch iron skillet. I have a 12 inch iron skillet. Decide I need to do a recipe and a half. Easy you say? I think I alternated every other ingredient accidentally doubling instead of one and a halving and then finally realizing it and unscooping the scooped baking powder, salt, etc. However, the bread still turned out divine so there!

3. I am sure there are many other moments to share. I will limit them right now so that my insanity remains under wraps, a least a little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment