Monday, May 16, 2011

ROAD TRIP

Some people say I take after my mother.



Once while helping throw a high school reunion brunch at my Mom's house, a fellow classmate of hers took my sister and I aside in the kitchen to sing my mother's accolades. "Your mother is one of the prettiest women in Greene County," he went on to say with a 60 year old twinkle in is eye. "You....you look like your father." At least that's how we remember it.



Last night I took after my mother. Alarm set for 5:30 a.m., I toss and turn and am wide awake at 5:00 a.m. Somehow the anticipation of the day's events (and a crying baby) lead to lack of sleep when perhaps you need it the most.



Today I am road tripping to my Alma mater.....C.O.W. the College of Wooster. While in college they decreed that the "the" shall not be forgotten when referring to the institution. Hence forward The College of Wooster. Note. The college erected a huge sign at the northern in of the campus and somehow FORGOT the "the". Consistency people please.



My dear niece, Miatta, is graduating with a degree in English, minor in Education and my husband said, "You should go I'll take care of the kids." Okay! Always appreciative of a day off.





So I am going and planning to listen to grown up music and not settle any property disputes in the back seat.



Congratulations Miatta! Of course, you know I think you are awesome!Miatta was at my college graduation too!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that is such a fun photograph! Look at you guys! But you weren't standing in front of the arch?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe my babies are such grown-ups now. In my head they are still this small. I love this picture!

    ReplyDelete