Monday, March 14, 2011

Happy Pi Day

Today is March 14, Pi Day, Pi as in the mathematical term which equals to 3.14 blahblahblahblah

K's campus is celebrating with their annual Pi Day Competition where students from high school come and solve engineering problems which are graded and the winner gets.....you guess it PIE! (And also a slight amount of fame and recognition)

I suppose for supper tonight we should have had all things round. Quiche. Pie. Pancakes. Perhaps next year I'll have some creative juices left to throw in that direction.

In honor of Pi Day, I would like to unveil my top ten list of reasons to marry a mathematician.

10. Joyfully handles monthly bill and checkbook duties.
9. Has helped many a niece, nephew or friend of a friend out of mathematical dilemma.
8. If doubling a recipe and can't figure something out, he's your man.
7. Can accurately calculate distances and ETA using road map and key.
6. Actually offers to keep score during Scrabble, Rummy 500 or other games.
5. Doesn't matter if calculator batteries are dead when you have your own personal Rain Man.
4. If having difficulty falling asleep, can explain imaginary number theory to you.
3. Future built in help for boys' Jr high and high school mathematical courses.
2. Willingly figures out tip percentages after dining out.
1. He just adds up. :)

And that's all I have to say about that.

2 comments:

  1. Awww. Who knew Pi day was such a romantic celebration? I'll bet this is better than the valentine's day card you wrote laboriously and over many months.

    You've inspired me to write my own list, though it won't be as cool or concise as yours' was, since mine isn't a mathmatician. . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope someday to be able to make a list of why someone might want to be married to a non-math person such as myself......

    ReplyDelete