Monday, November 29, 2010

So long ole pal

When pregnant with Ethan and attending childbirth classes the teacher said, "Go out and get a body pillow today."  So I did and therein began the love affair.  There was nothing better than to snuggle up to that fuzzy full length pillow and engulf my fatigued pregnant belly in support.  Ahhhhhhh, nothing better. 

Three pregnancies later and no more pregnancy anticipated, finally I am conceding to the fact that the body pillow affectionately known as big blue, sure does take up a lot of room in the bed.  "I hate that pillow." my spouse has teased as he tosses it off the bed.  Strong words for a softspoken man.  In his defense, he feels big blue takes up too much space.  I agree and have gone cold turkey.  Big blue has been banished.  Aufwiedersehen.  So long.  Thanks for the memories and and more importantly the support over the years.  I just need something a bit more compact from now on.  Nothing personal.

1 comment: