Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Song for the Mundane

Sung to the tune of "Thank God I'm a Country Boy"

Well, life on the street is kind of laid back
I'm bored out of my mind but it's nothing I can't hack
It's early to rise and late to the sack
Thank God I'm a stayathome mom.

Well, the works never done
and the kids like to scream
thinkin' bout a date with my man
is a lonely wife's dream
need some excitement, some streamers
to perk up this scene
Thank God I'm a stayathome mom.

Well I got me a fine van
got a flab middle
when the kids get up
pancakes flippin' on the griddle
knock knock who's there? has
become my favorite riddle.
Thank God I'm a stayathome mom.

FYI:  I have officially lost it.

2 comments:

  1. A flash of brilliance, Sally boo!

    Are you going to take this on the road, or will that defeat the song?

    ReplyDelete