Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Progression of A Day in My Recent Life

6:45 am     Child awakens to day 4 of cold.

7:01 am     Child states, "I need a tissue."
                 My response, "Sure sweetheart.  I'm so sorry you're sick."  (Sympathetic smile)

Numerous tissue requests made by child.  Requests always filled in timely fashion.

11:15 am     Child states, "I need a tissue."
                    My response, "Just a minute....here you go."  (Pleasant acknowledgement)

Numerous requests responded to during this time...most of them timely.

1:25 pm   Child states, "I need a tissue." 
                My response, "I know.  Coming." (Eye roll)

Requests too numerous to mention.

4:45 pm   Child states, "I need a tissue." 
                My response, "Yeah, yeah.  Tissue."  (Sigh of irritation)

Requests.

6:30 pm  Child states, "I need a tissue." 
                My response is silent while I point to the tissue box sitting next to child and then remove tissue
                for nose wipe.  (Silent muttering in head)

Requests. 

8:01 pm  Child states, "I need a tissue." 
               My response, "Really?  What are you going to do when I'm not around to get your tissues??
               Lecture.  Lecture.  Blah.  Blah."  (I'm just plain all tapped out at this point)

Tomorrow I will get up and do it all again. 

2 comments: