Monday, September 1, 2014

Laborious Labor Day

'Twas a lovely Labor Day Weekend.   We attended our local high school football game on Friday night.  Ethan and Ben worked on their doodle book most of the game.  Mid way through the first half Ethan says "Are we the white team?"  Needless to say, we weren't.  Where's your school spirit my man?? 

Saturday we loaded up our bikes on our spiffy new bike rack and headed off.  We enjoyed a few laps and then the humidity sent us running back home.  Whew.  Will has finally gotten the hang of a two wheeler.  He just needs to tweak his starts and stops. 

Then we headed to the ridge to swim with friends, eat their delicious food and enjoy conversation as the children watched video.  Here's a picture of Will living it up in the pool.  
He looks pretty happy, doesn't he? 

On Sunday we traveled to Pittsburgh to watch the Pirate game.  We had great seats and I felt like I was a competitor in the pierogie race!  Okay, maybe not.  It is fun to sit in those baseball stadiums and cheer on a team (even if technically you don't really follow them or watch them ever).  

Since today is Labor Day, Kevin and I worked our butts off (mine is still sore from biking!) trying to get the house organized and clean.  Gheez!  House keeping bores me to tears.  However, I am happy to report I can access my sewing machine and hope to work on few projects in the next few days.  

The house is pretty quiet most days as all three boys are in school.  I have spent my days cleaning the carpets, organizing the house and knitting.    I am scheduled to sub my first day in Kindergarten on Friday.  I am still getting the hang of the sub alert system.  I seem not to have a trigger finger quick enough because I hear the alert and check my phone.....and missed it.  Oh well,  I will figure it out in time I suppose.  


1 comment:

  1. Get yourself some Google Glasses...you'll never miss another sub alert!

    ReplyDelete