Friday, January 11, 2013

Nuttin' much

Latley I have been pondering why I feel I have nothing much to blog about.  Am I on cruise control through life?  Do I not take time to really notice things and interact with the world around me?  Am I just that boring? 

I, therefore, made a concerted effort to pay attention to the daily details. 

Today, these were my thoughts:
  • It's hard to justify driving two blocks to exercise at the gym. 
  • Why do they call it a Lazy Susan?  Maybe she doesn't appreciate the label.
  • I spied a concrete Teddy bear decorating a snow garden today.  It had wings.  What is that all about?
  • Why do I worry about every spot I get on my skin being skin cancer?  Worrying sucks.
  • I should have been in research.  I love searching for ideas about pretty much anything. 
  • One can never drink too much tea in a day.
  • I wonder if my husband gets sick of seeing me in my blue, stained bathrobe sporting glasses and hair pulled out of my face with a pink hairband. 
  • I wonder when I will develop a love of cooking.
  • Why do squirrels think they are entitled to eat the birdseed?  They put on quite a gymnastics show trying to sneak it out of our bird feeder.  Sometimes I score their stunts.  Of course, the Russian judge always lowballs their performance.
  • I miss friends who moved away.
  • Why can't I just love my children at all moments of the day for who they are and what they aren't and all their annoying, whining, argumentative ways?  Of course I love them, sometimes they just drive me a little crazy.
  • Kiwi fruit is so pretty.  But it is disgusting.   Oxymoron?  Me thinks.
  • What's invisible and smells like carrots?  Rabbit stinkers.  My boys belly laughed at that one.
  • Growing up my older brother tortured me and my baby dolls.  The other day we were at my mom's house and after we left she discovered that my sons had pulled the pants down on one of her babydolls and put the baby's bottom in the air.  I guess it is just intuitive for boys.
  • There is nothing better than a good song blaring in your earbuds.  It lifts the soul. 

4 comments:

  1. * Driving two blocks to the gym is better than not walking there.
    *Maybe, in Susan's world, 'lazy' is a compliment--i.e., you're LAZY, man (as in, you sure can spin fast)
    *All teddybears who have faith sport wings. Maybe you don't have enough faith.
    *I worry about every oatmeal lump in my breast being cancer. Worrying sucks.
    *I should have been in non-research. I hate looking things up--my motto, if you don't know it, don't find out. Make it up.
    *Ditto tea.
    *Nobody could ever be tired of seeing you.
    *We never love anything we have to do, day after day, without variation. You will love cooking when you no longer have to do it.
    *This is one of the special missions of squirrels. They live for this. For the swing of the bird-feeder, the forbidden seeds staring at them. They curse the stupid little holes made for birds.
    *We miss you too, likely more than you miss us.
    *The same fact about cooking applies to kids. My kids drive me A LOT crazy. No little. A LOT.
    *Kiwi fruit is delicious.
    *HA!
    *I think it is intuitive for every child to check under clothes to see if a doll has anatomy. Very natural. Sticking the bum in the air--you may be right.
    *I am looking at my husband. He is belly laughing about something, but I don't know what. He is wearing ear buds. There is perhaps nothing less uplifting than watching someone find the day's best humor on freaking ear buds. It crushes the soul. PS. Were you listening to Jason Mraz? Methinks my husband would describe that as 'bad song blaring, etc.' But he is misled.

    Let's bullet point together again.
    xoxoxoxox
    K

    ReplyDelete
  2. *I refuse to go to the gym, thus the Elliptical downstairs. Sometimes I won't walk downstairs to use it.
    *Why does a Lazy Susan have to be feminine? More likely it's Lazy Sam.
    *I have a pig with wings in my flower bed. I think it just wants to get off the ground and see what's goin on! It's a Pigasus.
    *I worry about messing up my kids. I'm saving up for therapy instead of college.
    *I never seem to find time to research things, I leave that job up to JP.
    *It's important to get plenty of water everyday...in any form!
    *Ditto K's comment about being tired of seeing you.
    *I like to cook except for when it's expected of me. I hate cleaning up. I'm training my kids to be Sous Chefs.
    *I have no respect for any animal in the rodent family (which squirrels technically are not, but they should be.)
    *Me too. It sucks.
    *I think I might tolerate my kids more if I could get away from them more...you know, absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    *Agreed...plus they make my lips go all tingly...weird.
    *Good one.
    *Potty humor...excellent.
    *Can't stand earbuds, but I do like to blare a good song, ergo "Hotel California" 20 minutes ago. I agree with you K, regarding the chuckling while wearing of earbuds...JP does the same thing!

    Over and out...T

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I had no idea Kiwi was such a contentious fruit. T, it makes your lips tingly? Do you rub them with the skin? Once my cousin ate so many mangoes (by immersing his face in the skin) that his lip actually split wide open. They had to superglue it shut. I kid you not.

    I love mangoes. I love them more than kiwi. I need to try the tingly lips thing, though. That sounds interesting--"kinky kiwi." Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not really a good feeling...more like if your foot "goes to sleep". It scares me because that can be a sign of a really bad allergy. Now I avoid them at all costs!
    I love mangoes more than Kiwi too. JP rates them right up there with Cilantro, so whenever I get one, I get it all to myself! Mmmm...mango salsa with cilantro!

    ReplyDelete