Sunday, January 27, 2013

Bring on the SNOW!

I LOVE it when it snows combined with a not too chilly temperature.   Then the fun begins.

I have very fond memories of sledding when we were kids.  Although, sledding on the hills of Pennsylvania where Black Angus cattle roam can have some hard hitting results.  There is nothing comfortable about hitting a frozen cow manure pile while zooming downhill on a sled.

During recess in elementary school we put on snow clothes and went sledding down the incredibly steep hill beyond the school playground.  The school provided tire inner tubes.  Can you imagine the lawyers response to that now?  I remember jamming my arm one day, thinking I broke it and telling my teacher.  I didn't break it, but it sure did hurt.  (I'm also sure my mom's reply to a phone call from the school was, "Tell her not to move it that way if it hurts.")

Friday the kids had a two hour early dismissal because of a snowstorm.  We took advantage of this opportunity and went sledding with friends and neighbors.  Nothing better.  Unless it is the steaming mug of hot chocolate and marshmallows that is sure to follow.

Bring it on!  More snow!







1 comment:

  1. What fun!!!

    those twins aren't letting you on the Hill???

    Wish we could have zoomed down any hill with those red-cheeked kiddos.

    ReplyDelete