Monday, October 8, 2012

The Work Force has been Rejoined

I survived my first day back in the groove.  Last Wednesday I returned to work after a 9 year hiatus.  In hindsight I guess I should have snuggled up with the boys and read the Berenstain Bear's "Mama's New Job".  Oops.

The day was fun and very busy.  I spent most of my time saying....sit on your bottom....okay....sit down...sit down please.  But what do you expect from 3 year olds?? 

We played play dough, cars, and little people.  Then snacked on apples, listened to a story about lady bugs and introduced.....dah dah dah dah the letter "L".  Then they made ladybugs out of paper plates and thumb prints, sponge painted, played some more and then it was lunch time.  Needless to say the morning flies by.

I enjoyed spending time with my co-worker, a lovely woman who is an inspiration to me for her calm voice and quiet demeanor when talking with opinionated 3 year olds.  Oftentimes I try to summon her powers when dealing with my own children.

Will was a little clingy throughout the morning and then at lunchtime I understood why as he devoured every item Kevin had packed.  The poor boy was starving!!  I hope the novelty will wear off and I won't hear "Mommy I need you."  across the classroom too often.

For this week I am refreshing my memory on the transitional activities....need to get some short songs up my sleeves for those restless moments.

3 comments: