Saturday, October 27, 2012

Boo!

Even though it was almost a week before October 31, our family has tricked and treated.  It was a balmy 80 degrees for a trick or treat night, which as I told one Tinkerbell, was perfect for her sleeveless costume.  For one of our own, however, it was a wee bit warm.

Star Wars.  We are all about the Star Wars.  It was a theme costume year, and I even ordered two costumes as I found them cheaper online than I could have purchased the fabric.  Hooray!!   So Yoda and C-3 PO were store bought and proud. 

But for Chewy, dear Chewy.....the weather combined with a layer of brown sweats and brown fur.....I told Ben to speak in his best Chewbacca voice, "Uhhhhhhh (loud Wookie moan) it's hot!"

Yes, thanks for asking, I did make the Chewbacca outfit without a pattern.  I was very thankful that Chewy is not a perfectionist.  He doesn't care if his fur is going up on his right arm and down on his left arm.  He doesn't even bat an eye at it!  He is just free and happy to be a wookie!




I am not sure what Leia's problem is.  Smile much Leia?  I mean, seriously.   I had intentions of hanging packaged honey buns from my head, but they were so heavy and my hair is so slippery that I couldn't get them to stay on in the 4 minutes that I had to prepare my costume.  So I just made pigtails that went all over the place.  I try.  I sure do try. 
May the force be with you. 

2 comments:

  1. Princess Leah meets Pippi Longstocking meets choir director. But, admit it. You ATE those honeybuns. You CHOWED them. Slippery hair, whatever. Don't be ashamed to admit you're a closet honeybun lovah.

    Love the Star Wars family. Kevin looks kinda scary, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should have worn the gold bikini instead, it was warm enough!

    ReplyDelete