Tuesday, November 22, 2011

T-giving Feast of K-gdn

I am exhausted. I spent the day in Ben's kindergarten room helping the kids mix pumpkin mousse, two batches of corn muffins and make butter in preparation for their thanksgiving feast this afternoon. Whew. I may never be gainfully employed again. It's exhausting to be up, dressed and out the door by 7:30 and then be relatively chipper and productive throughout the day. Not sure I ever remember a time when I could do it.

The kids had such fun as the neighboring classroom of Native Americans paraded over to our Pilgrim classroom and placed their food on our "table" (construction paper laid across the room) decorated with gourds. The Native Americans and Pilgrims feasted on turkey (jerky sticks), carrots, celery, apples, popcorn, pumpkin mousse, corn muffins with butter and pumpkin muffins. It was really special to be a part of it.

I am so thankful Ben has such an outstanding teacher this year. She is funny, kind, loving and really enjoys teaching the kids. They sang their hearts out to all the sight word songs. "I can spell and. A-N-D and. And is the word that I write with my hand. A-N-D A-N-D nikki nikki noo. That's what I learned in my school. Mama."

The headache that came on at ten this morning is still hanging on. Barometric pressure headache? Not sure but would be happy to have it go away.

Well Dinosaur Train is over and it is bedtime. Over and Out.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I can see you jumping right back into the fray at some point. You, out of energy? No ways.
    K

    ReplyDelete