Friday, July 8, 2011

Art Day

Thursday it was declared, "Today and every Thursday from this day forward we shall commence with and participate in Art Day." I had high hopes for flowing creative juices and amazing end results. Quite an ambitious outlook for 3 energetic boys who have a tendency NOT to stay still, or at least seem to be wrestling every other second.



I gathered the rocks, paints, paper and paintbrushes and summoned the masses.



They were very excited, especially Will to be "painting". Two year olds and paint are, not surprisingly, a messy combination. Every time I left the scene to gather supplies or paper towels I returned to a new spot that Will had painted. "I paint house." "I paint hat." I paint Ben."

Ethan's Lady Bug Ben's Rainbow Rock
Will's hat


The End results may not be museum worthy, but they will look colorful in the garden.
Overall statistical analysis of Art Day.

20 % creative process

80 % damage control

1 comment: