Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Survival Tips For Winter Days

(I wrote this awhile back and forgot to post it!  Oops!)

I spoke too soon.  "Wow winter is really flying by."  I can't believe I uttered the words.  And now...........heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeee's February!

One week, we experienced four out of five days as snow days.  That, my friends, is a lot of together time. Here are some of my survival tips.

1.  Lower your standards.  Wii in the morning, Wii in the evening, Wii in the afternoon.  Take deep breaths and meditate as you repeat to yourself.  "I won't end up supporting them while I am living in the nursing home.  They won't become gamers.  They will go on to lead productive lives."

2.  Make a party out of anything.  Finished reading a book?  Throw a party.  Can you guess what Will and I read?


3.  Get friends to invite you over for a movie and drive down their snow-covered driveway to pick you up!  Thanks T!

4.  Send kids out to shovel as often as possible.  This is what happens when Ethan meets the driveway.  
Origami Yoda? or Snowigami Yoda?

5.  Celebrate a birthday.  Will turns 6!  Hooray!  Check out that snickerdoodle cake.  

7.  Enjoy a lovely visit by the in-laws.  Sorry to tell you folks, but I have the best in-laws of all!

8.  Whole Family Jigsaw puzzle Challenge 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment