Friday, July 13, 2012

Home Again Home Again

We have been home for not quite a week.  It has been full of activity as per the norm.  Ethan has been attending Lego camp at a local community college (hour drive away).  Kevin took him 3 days and worked on school stuff.  I took him one day and had the most relaxing enjoying three hours I have had in a long time.  I snacked.  I read.  I knitted.  I explored, found a bike trail and walked til my legs hurt.  I returned.  I snacked and drank.  I read and knitted some more.  I picked up a parenting book, cracked it open and then put it back in my bag.  It was glorious.

He seemed to enjoy Lego camp OR just enjoyed being away from his "ruthless" parents for awhile.  At camp he was one of the younger kids and was paired with an older boy named Wade.  I think Wade had a big influence on the themes selected as Ethan told us, "You know how hippies don't like war?  Well we made a hippie walk over to a missile and then kick it.  Then the missile fell on him."  Not sure if Ethan even knew what a hippie was before this week.    Here is one of the movies they created.  "Cliff Duel"



Meanwhile Ben, Will and I tried to put the house back together.  Okay, okay, they played and I tried to put the house back together, though rather unsuccessfully.  Good housekeeping is so over rated.  

2 comments:

  1. Sigh...home again as well. I'm trying to get sandy laundry washed and prepare for the arrival of 8 extra peeps on Monday. No time for Lego Camp, though it sounds FUN!
    T

    ReplyDelete
  2. A movie creator in the making...could this be the next disney movie....I can see it now "Cliff Dual" backpacks, lunchboxes, action figures. DT

    ReplyDelete