Tuesday, July 24, 2012

A' camping we will go

K and E have been at cub scout camp for the last two nights sleeping in a tent.  We have been good-intentioned campers.  "Yeah, yeah we'll go camp out at a family.  Yeah, yeah here's a tent for father's day." Yet somehow the draw of the comfy mattress of our room calls us home at night as we murmur, "tomorrow, tomorrow, we'll camp out tomorrow"  Although tomorrow never seems to come. 

Therefore, Ethan is a bit out of his comfort zone.  "I just don't like the night," he told me yesterday.  "I get that throw up feeling in my stomach."  Poor little dude.  I advised him to snuggle in tight next to Daddy and know that Daddy will keep him safe and never put him in a place that was dangerous.

Tonight's the night we switch places and I go for the evening.  I must admit....Mama's a wee bit nervous.  No daddy for me to snuggle up with.  I already eyed the other tent dwellers when we visited yesterday (on Ethan's birthday!!) thinking, "Whose tent can I knock on in the middle of the night in case of thunderstorm?"  I still am not sure, but have decided that if it storms Ethan and I are trudging through the rain to sleep in the car.  That's right folks:  Mama is a big chicken.

Think clear skies.  Think sleep.  Think comfort.  Or something like that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment