Saturday, June 4, 2011

S-U-M-M-E-R


Congratulations to Ethan, my big second grader!




Yesterday was the last day of school. After two whole hours of school (seems like we just dropped him off!) Ethan rode the bus home along with our neighbor's granddaughter who got off the bus and changed her shoes stating to her grandmother, "My mom said I could have a play date."

And thus we did. She, her sister, and the boys snacked, snacked and snacked some more. Then they played outside in the sandbox.

It reminds me of the story of my older brother Jay who brought home six of his friends on the bus from school and declared to my mom, "They are here for my birthday party." However, he neglected to inform my mother of this in advance. Luckily, she is a go with the flow kind of gal and put a couple of extra cups of water in the spaghetti sauce. Ha ha.

Being flexible comes in handy when raising children. This we know.

No comments:

Post a Comment