Friday, April 22, 2011

Poem

I hear it is national poetry month.
I would like to offer up the following.

ZOOTRIP 2011

Children wrestling, 9:30 deadline looming
Bad mood about the zoo.

No one listening, no one helping
Bad mood about the zoo.

Finally ready, finally off
mood lifted eager to get to the zoo.

Long lines, crowds of people, children scurrying in all directions
bad mood returning about the zoo.

Even so good memories, fun friends, sunny day
successful day at the zoo

Next day regret, next day remorse
embarrassed about the fuss at the zoo

Wishes for peaceful and endlessly patient mothering instincts,
next time plans to radically accept the zoo.

1 comment:

  1. whooo hooo! yeah for radical acceptance!

    tonight, let's see, I'll take radical acceptance with a side of hot tortillia chips and a big ole strawberry daquiri.

    "Mommy, I need candy for my throw up."
    quote by Bea

    ReplyDelete