Friday, September 24, 2010

No Future in Acrobatics

I have spent most of the last 2 days carrying Will on my hip.  He, apparently, feels he should be able to do what the big boys do and tried to do so by leaping off of the ottoman.  However, in the course of the fall he injured his right knee.  He cried and held his knee tenderly the rest of the afternoon when we decided, after consulting our doctor's office, to take him to the ER for an x-ray.  No broken bones they said, but still isn't putting weight on it tomorrow follow up with your pediatrician.

SO today we saw the good doctor and after numerous twists, turns and pulls of the knee, he declared it to be a sprain for Will to take it easy for awhile. Or at least as much as a 19 month old can take it easy.

Not much improvement has occurred yet.  I am reminded of how helpless we are as parents as we watch our children feel pain that we cannot erase.

I try to tuck my worries away in a box and place them at God's feet, but every once in awhile they creep in and my anxiety gets the best of me.  I vow from this moment on to carry my son and remain hopeful for a quick recovery. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, poor dears. What a trial for you all--for a few more days anyway. Children heal so quickly--I trust after some days pass, he'll be completely back to his old adventurous self.

    Hang in there, sister. Let me know how I can cheer you all. Trip to the bakery on Monday?? Hugs & kisses.

    ReplyDelete