Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Doggone Days in September

Two dog related events occurred today. 
First, Ben told me that during outside time at preschool he and his buddies were playing 'Ring around the Doggie'.  When I asked further questions, I found out they were walking around one of Father Rick's beautiful golden retrievers, specifically the one with the red collar. 

Will and I  are often greeted by Kelty or Frodo as we wait for pick up time.  They are the nicest, most loving dogs I have ever met.  Will likes to come at them from behind with a big bear hug.  Even when they are in the parish house there are signs that there are animals close by...partially chewed bones and pig ears.  I am assuming the preschool isn't serving that for snack. 

Second, as Will and I were admiring butterflies on a bush up the street, the woman of the house came bounding out followed by her black pug.  He proceeded to run circles around her and then ended peering into Will's stroller and sniffing/licking his face.  Luckily, unlike his two older brothers, Will LOVES dogs and has no fear of them whatsoever.  The embarrassed dog owner grabbed him by the collar and stated, "I need to control him better so that he listens to me."  My reply, "That's the same thing I say about my children."

1 comment:

  1. Are you saying we need to put collars on our children?

    Your posts gave me a chuckle tonight. Perfect. Except for the vision of W with the kitchen knife. Horrifying.

    ReplyDelete