Saturday, June 14, 2014

Groupies....or just two kids on the town

Kevin and I planned a date night.  A what?  Yes, it's true.  We actually pre-planned, scheduled a babysitter and had our ducks all in a row.  ENTER Mother Nature.  When Caroline arrived to watch the boys, she sheepishly asked, "I guess there's a tornado warning and my Dad wanted me to ask about a safe place to go in case the weather gets bad."  Oh man.  We called our neighbors and they were going to be home in case she needed anything and we showed her the safest part of the house.

We hopped in the car and drove in the pouring rain to Pittsburgh.  Anyone who knows me well knows that I jump every time I see lightning.  I was pretty busy on the drive as it was some of the most magnificent lightning I have ever seen.  Granted I wasn't enjoying it much.  I just keep thinking, "Should we turn around?"  But we persevered and arrived safe and sound at Point State Park in Pittsburgh.  It is a part of the Three Rivers Arts Festival concert series.  Due to the rain all the vendors were tented with rain coverings, and the concert was delayed 30 minutes due to lightning.  Finally Amos Lee, a singer songwriter entered the stage with guitar in hand.  It was a pretty small crowd so we were the closest to a stage that I have ever been.

This is a picture of my new best friend, Amos.  The weather cleared and the sun even poked through for a bit.  All in all a great night with my man.  I think I will Facebook post him on how much I enjoyed it.  No need to have actual conversation in our house when Facebook can say it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment