Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Move Over Pablo

Picasso that is.

When Kevin's co-worker texted and asked me to take a painting class at Michael's, of course I answered, "Sure!  Why not?"

On Sunday we showed up with painting supplies in hand to discover that our nice, 4-walled, private painting class room had been doubled booked for a kid birthday party, so we got the boot.  Where to you might ask? 

If you have ever been to a Michael's, picture the knitting department, rows of pretty and ugly yarns, knitting supplies and patterns, and then a fold out table with two novice painters and a teacher whom we can't keep up with.

"What are you doing?"  "Wait, slow down.  How'd you do that?"

After directing a few customers to cellophane and then frames, here is what I created.  I'm kind of proud of it.  Not bad for two hours in the knitting section.

 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent job, my dear! It looks more Van Gogh-ish than Picasso-ish to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Never knew this hidden talent. Crafting is for the birds. Art. You have found a good place here. Do more.

    ReplyDelete