Thursday, November 14, 2013

Double or Nothing

My sister in law, Rose, has a wonderful father.  He is sweet, full of life and fun to be around.  I thought of him tonight as he taught high school English for an unknown number of years and was often heard to recite the importance of the 5 P's.  His P's are as follows:  Proper planning prevents poor performance.  Words of wisdom, me thinks.   

I thought of him as I was standing at the kitchen counter placing pasta in baggies filled with alcohol and dye, my mind wandered as it does.  Sometimes my mind wanders somewhat similar to the pathway taken by the little children in the popular comic, The Family Circus.  This way.  That way.  Here.  There.  Everywhere. 

Anyhow, my mind wandered his 5 P's which I altered to the 10 P's related to my task.  Proper planning prepares pretty pink partially purple pasta por preschool.  Not 5, but 10.  I doubled it.  Yea baby. 

Okay. I may be stretching it with the por. 

Here's a picture of my inspiration:   Pretty pasta por preschool.


I want to end with a P word that means AWESOME but my brain can't wander in that direction.  Please insert own P word here.


'ppreciate it.

4 comments:

  1. Persnickity you had to be to dye these pastas so perfectly.
    Parsimonious you were not as you prepared pasta por preschoolers.
    Particularly peachy-keen?
    So bad.

    "It has to be a P word?" (Martin looks up from his proposal).
    "Yes. . . but I can't remember why."

    Pulchritudinous!

    It's too late in the p.m. to pontificate about perfect pasta.

    Nice job, you, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. Is this supposed to be edible? What is it for??? Good reasons I am not a preschool teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pasta has a perfect patina.
    I can't. stop. myself.

    ReplyDelete