Thursday, August 23, 2012

End of the Summer Blues

How can I be in the doldrums when it is cooling off and so pretty outside?

I am not sure, but yet, it has happened.  Perhaps it is the anticipation of the busy-ness of the school year....practice here, practice there, game here, game there, meeting here, meeting there, pack lunches, homework, dinner etc etc.

Close friends moved across the country which makes for daily adjustments and sad moments.  Wonder what they are doing now?

Youngest is starting preschool.  Exciting for him.  Exciting for us.  What to do with a three hour kid free stretch two days a week??  Hard to imagine.  It has been a long time coming.

I think of all the shoulds....should clean the closet, should pick up the millions of legos, should just plain BE PRODUCTIVE, and yet, I stare at the walls and then it is time to move on to the next activity.

Pretty pathetic.  I know.  

1 comment:

  1. Ugh! Join the crowd...although I'm doing more emotional panicking than brooding.
    Today it is HOT again, and when I might have the time to accomplish something, it's hard to get motivated.
    I would love to have tea with you some preschool mornings...if you don't mind a 6 year old tag-along!
    T

    ReplyDelete