Thursday, March 2, 2017

Grocery Assistant

Typically Ethan is the one who is willing to go grocery shopping with me.  He seems always ready to go out and embrace the world as we wander the aisles throwing things into our cart for the weekly food supply.  Perhaps it is because he usually sees a friend or two and he enjoys this a lot.

Last weekend as we were shopping he asked if he could purchase a couple of lemons.  "Sure."  I replied.  He likes lemonade so I thought perhaps he wanted to try and squeeze some by hand.  Who knows?  But if you have ever been grocery shopping with me, by the second 15 minute quarter my eyes have started to glaze over and although my list is in may hand I can't wrap my brain around what we need or what's for dinner let alone field the requests for random things, in this case lemons.  He caught me at a weak moment when no explanation was required for the lemons place into our cart.

The next morning as Kevin is pouring his breakfast cereal, those two lemons come back to haunt me as they roll out of the cereal box.   Ethan, quick as a whip, chimes in, "Well, I guess you could say that life sometimes gives you lemons."

Moan.

Very punny son.


He's here all week folks.  And the week after that.  And the week after that. 

2 comments: