Sunday, February 12, 2017

My Current Project

I have high hopes of someday being the knitter my mother was.  Not there yet.  I can knit an awesome baby hat that looks like an apple and have completed several scarves, hats, fingerless clothes and of course, the dishcloth.

Yesterday I started a new project.  Check it out.
It has good karma.  The knitting needles are Kevin's sweet Grandma Rosemary Forestal's (lovely, lovely lady) and the yarn comes from my Mom (also lovely).  These two strong, sweet kind women are contributors to the hat I am attempting to knit for my dear college friend, Tami, who underwent her first dose of chemotherapy on Thursday after her lymphoma diagnosis.  It's my first chemotherapy hat.  

With each stitch I am praying for healing and calling on those heavenly angels, specifically Rosemary and Sarah to keep her safe and healthy in these next few months.    The yarn has a very striking resemblance to Tami's eye color, I might add.  She is one of the best people I know.  

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely, lovely post. Prayers for Tami and for you. You are such a dear friend, a wonderful daughter (and daughter-in-law). XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love to Tami. The hat turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete