Saturday, November 22, 2014

SUB Stories

We had two days off this week for In-service and Veteran's Day.  I spent Wednesday at the high school floating from room to room as a 7:30 am phone call from an actual person indicated they were 5 teachers short that day.  So I quickly showered and showed up to report to my Dad's old stomping ground.....the wood shop. 

I suppose it looks a bit different now than it did in the 70's but still, it was fun to be in his space again.  I have memories of washing my hands in the sinks for fun.   Later that day I sat through a couple of Vo-Ag classes.  I could almost sense Old Ern breathing on my neck.  

At the end of the week I spent some time in Second Grade.  This is a little momento that I took home with me.

I mean, seriously Joe, you can already charm women at age 8.  Skills that will indeed come in handy.  However, I hope I taught you a little double digit addition as well.  

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is super. How wonderful that you got to go back to old stomping grounds! I'm sure all the kids love their sub when you come in xo!

    ReplyDelete