Monday, May 5, 2014

Will Learns to Draw

After we read a book, oftentimes we give children at preschool a blank piece of paper to illustrate and write down a thought or two about the story.  Some children have difficulty knowing where to start.  Hence, I found this awesome little drawing book online and proceeded to do with the preschool children when we rotated through centers last week.


I had Will's group.  The Blue Triangles.  They were drawing away.  I was very impressed with their work.  Will was sitting at the opposite end from me at a rectangular table so I couldn't really see what he was drawing.  I was excited to see his work when I got home. 

Here's the first charming little pig.  I think he forgot the ears, but that's neither here nor there.


 

Next comes the chicken.  "Cute," I think.  I notice a little mistake at the bottom, but I don't mind it.  He's five after all.


 


 
At the cat picture I start to wonder, "What are there three little droplets under kitty's bum?"  
 


 By the time I see the cow, it is clear.  Will has drawn most of his animals pooping.

 
Maybe he has a future illustrating veterinary journals.  As God as my witness, I will foster this talent.                                                                   


1 comment: