Tuesday, February 28, 2012

So is this what RAGE feels like??

I have been walking around in a cloud since last Thursday when my dear friends received horrific and undeserving bad news. For details see: http://www.wazoofarm.blogspot.com/2012/02/on-thursday-afternoon-i-walked-home.html#links

It is so hard to watch as someone hurts someone you love. I'm sure if I were a cartoon character you would see little puffs of black smoke and flames shooting from my ears.

I feel helpless, outraged, ready to lead a crusade, dumbfounded and sad. These are an example of the range of emotions that are ripping through my community of friends. This is the second recent example of immature and unprofessional acts performed by said university as another friend was "let go" last week. It is amazing that these actions have been taken by a university that is supposed to uphold Christian ideals. Ha.

Since hearing the news I am constantly envisioning what I would say to the guilty parties....a/k/a leaders of local so-called "learning institution." Thus far, the 'G' version goes a little something like this...."It's so sad to me that your narrow vision of Christianity has managed to rip the hearts out some of the kindest, most generous, most God-seeking families I have ever had the privilege of knowing. " The R-version has a many more expletives and a reference to someone overcompensating for a small appendage.

3 comments:

  1. Hear-hear!! Would you care to join me in baking some "nice" brownies to welcome the new folks in at the Uni?
    T

    ReplyDelete